View Single Post

Old 04-29-2012, 01:10 PM

Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts

I did not say that. I just mentioned striker fire. I am used to DA/SA guns. I see striker fire guns and of having one in the chamber and cocked ready to go with minimal resistance, it concerns me. I have seen pictures of triggers that snagged on weak holsters and clothing and people shot in the leg. We have a off duty PD officer who shot himself in the rear years ago by accident. I had a Beretta 380 that went off on my while 1/2 cocked. I have considered carrying a striker fire with out one in the chamber and have been practicing what they call the Israely draw. Accidents happened and no one is inmune from them. As someone who was almost carjacked years a go and took action as soon as I saw a guy with a gun getting out of the car I know that you can panic and question what your course of action should be and will question yourself after the ordela is over. I retracted my slide to place one in the chamber as my Walther P88 did not have one in the chamber. You must be prepared and practice and be disciplined to know your next move. Some people complain about the safety getting on their way, well it will if you do not know your weapon. Even your clothing will get in your way if you do not practice drawing and lifting your shirt with your other hand.

Last edited by Fercho64; 04-29-2012 at 01:16 PM.