View Single Post

Old 04-29-2012, 01:34 PM

Liked 13 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etemmu View Post
I dont understand the confusion about the safety. What difference does it make if the gun is striker fired, hammer fired, impact fired, or sneeze fired? A safety prevents the trigger from actuating the firing mechanism (I think!). If you like that feature, get it. If not, dont get it.

Even on the guns I own that do have a safety, I dont consider them safe. Because they're guns. Ever get into a colorful conversation with a Glock owner who swears their pistol can not be discharged negligently because they have a "safe action trigger"? There are those who believe this BS! Real safeties are very simple, but there seems to be so much disagreement/confusion about when to safety and when not to safety! It's kinda like arguing over which color is more delicious; orange or yellow
Couldn't agree with you more... Think Plaxico Burriss knew whether his gun was striker fired, hammer fired, sneeze fired, or even cared???... Bottom line is, the trigger was accidently pulled while the gun (GLOCK) was in his pocket and he ended up with a hole in his leg!!!...Could have been, just as easily, another patron... Bet he wishes his gun would have had a manuel safety...
The Following User Likes This Post: