View Single Post

Old 04-30-2012, 03:24 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old cop View Post
As to break-in period mine has been 100% ( 600 + rounds) right out of the box using Federal Bulk 36 grain.
Ditto. I've put at least 500 rounds (bulk Federal) through my M&P22 since getting it 2 months ago, and it's been flawless, just like my other M&Ps (a 9 and 9c). I'm so glad I got it to train with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykellogg View Post
S&W says the M&P9 sight will work, but the M&P22's sight is adjustable up and down, but the 9mm's sight is not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPes View Post
My only complaint with the M&P 22 is the rear sight. I can use it, but I do much better with a 2 dot rear sight. I e-mailed S&W customer support to request a 2-dot rear sight if it exists.
Before ever taking a shot with the 22, I asked S&W CS to send me the same white 2 dot sight that's on my 9c, and they did free of charge. While you're right, that it's not adjustable for elevation now, I can still shoot very well with it. If it's shooting low or high compared to the stock M&P22 rear sight, I don't know; I might just be adjusting. Either way, it provides the same site picture I'm used to.

After an afternoon of shooting earlier this month, I moved a fresh 8" target out the 50' line (indoor range) and shot 3 full magazines (36 rounds total) at it (standing, unsupported, and two-handed):

32 in the black on this 8" target, 2 in the white, 2 complete misses (one of which hit the target holder and produced the ricochet you see coming down from the top) At closer/defensive distances, I was easily blowing the bull and middle out of the targets. It's a great pistol, whether or not you use it for training on the M&P platform.