View Single Post

Old 05-01-2012, 12:58 AM
US Veteran

Liked 797 Times in 282 Posts

After looking at the photos again, the slide is not cut for Novaks. I've previously owned what I call transition 3rd gens (usually they lettered to 1989). They do come with 2nd gen type sights. However, I'm still not convinced that these are the original sights. However, if you were the original owner and said it came this way, then I would not doubt it. The discoloring, scratches or whatever on the side of the rear sight is an immediate red flag about possible aftermarket sights, at least for me. That doesn't mean they are absolutely aftermarket, but that's what I meant by saying the photos do tell the tale for me. I personally stay away from squared trigger guards on 3rd gens. I do own two, one (4566) came to me, I didn't go looking for it. As for the other, there were only 1,386 of the 4576 made and I believe they all came with squared trigger guards. So . . .

I think you did good by keeping the 6904. There were less blues made. I'll always stop and look at a blue 3rd Gen, even if I'm not really looking that day. As for the 3913 you picked up, well let's put it this way, there's a reason I have three of them.

Last edited by Denver Dick; 05-01-2012 at 01:01 AM.