View Single Post

Old 05-03-2012, 04:01 PM

Liked 81 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fercho64 View Post
I did not say that. I just mentioned striker fire. I am used to DA/SA guns. I see striker fire guns and of having one in the chamber and cocked ready to go with minimal resistance, it concerns me. I have seen pictures of triggers that snagged on weak holsters and clothing and people shot in the leg. We have a off duty PD officer who shot himself in the rear years ago by accident. I had a Beretta 380 that went off on my while 1/2 cocked. I have considered carrying a striker fire with out one in the chamber and have been practicing what they call the Israely draw. Accidents happened and no one is inmune from them. As someone who was almost carjacked years a go and took action as soon as I saw a guy with a gun getting out of the car I know that you can panic and question what your course of action should be and will question yourself after the ordela is over. I retracted my slide to place one in the chamber as my Walther P88 did not have one in the chamber. You must be prepared and practice and be disciplined to know your next move. Some people complain about the safety getting on their way, well it will if you do not know your weapon. Even your clothing will get in your way if you do not practice drawing and lifting your shirt with your other hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Lake View Post
The Beretta .380 and the Walther P88 are both hammer fired guns.
I'm trying to figure out why you are telling us that striker fired guns are inherently dangerous.

Do you think revolvers are dangerous also?

I was a little confused myself. I've shot striker fired handguns from Glock, S&W, Kahr and Kimber. No opportunity to shoot a SA XD yet. Unless I'm totally off base, the only one of them that has the striker under extreme tension when a round is chambered is the Kimber. I'm assuming (a very dirty word) that's why Kimber included a manual safety on the Solo. I could be totally wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and certainly won't be the last.