View Single Post

Old 05-05-2012, 01:21 AM

Liked 177 Times in 50 Posts

when i was 19, i got a job working in a chemical fertilizer plant making like 3x my job i had just left. every one of you would know this grass. fertilizer co. anyway, it was a union shop and you could join after 3 months or some such. 2nd shift an i was going to college in the mornings. so anyway, like my 2nd day on the job im driving a forklift and i bumped into a huge pile of paper sacks full of some chemical pellets. tore one and it all poured down on me. i accidentally ingested some. well by the end of the shift im puking my guts out. they send me home. i am sick for about a month and lose 50 pounds. i told the docs what happened but they were convinced it was something else ( kaiser go figure) anyway, the company fired me and didnt care about the accident and since i was new and not in the union yet they were no help. i probly could have sued them but... got healthy over the summer and got a bank job that next fall. been in banking since.

even though they are the best fertilizer, i will never buy that brand until my last day. my own little protest

Last edited by s&wchad; 05-05-2012 at 04:06 AM.