View Single Post

Old 05-06-2012, 04:41 PM

Liked 101 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEH View Post
I understand where you coming from. But still, if somebody has such criminal mindset they shouldn't have a right to posess firearms. That's my opinion.

There is right and there is wrong! You can be the greatest guy/gal in the world, but if you do wrong you shouldn't cry about punishment.
So you feel free to take away the rights of others? Can I take away your right to free speech if you commit a crime? or I think your mindset is against public interest? Why should the right to bear arms be any different than freedom of speech or the right to a lawyer?

And since you think of gun rights as something that society can take away, then by definition, gun ownership is not a right to you, it's a privilage. Protecting the public interest is the argument used by many anti-gun activists.

JJEH, I'm not trying to pick on you and I understand where your argument is coming from, I just get discouraged when proponents of the 2nd amendment favor limiting the rights of others, which then puts the 2nd amendment in a class by itself- the only right that can be restricted for each individual that is not in jail, or on probation, etc... Too many people agree with you I'm afraid.

"The right to bear arms shall not be infringed" Unless you've demonstrated bad judgement, many times in areas that have nothing to do with guns or violence. Then we'll read that one as more of a suggestion then a direct statement.

*Sigh*