View Single Post

Old 05-07-2012, 12:19 PM

Liked 1,326 Times in 723 Posts

I own several Hogues and a one set of Pachmayrs. I've had a handful of other pachs but have since gotten rid of them all.

The Pachs are better if you want the backstrap covered for magnums.

Hogues are better for everything else - unless they don't make a grip for something. For example, Hogue makes nothing for a square butt J frame - so you have to go with the Pach.

I would add that they both have issues with quality. Pachmayrs often, if not 100% of the time, have a problem with the screw & interface (metal insert that screw goes into). While Hogue seems incapable of matching their production grip with the curvature of the gun butt which the grip is designed for leaving exposed edges that cut into your hand.

IMHO; if anybody wanted to go into this business, they could make a fortune if they took the time to do it right. Tyler can't ship a T grip in less than a month, Hogue, Pachmayr and the rest of them all have serious quality problems. It's all about 10X the pain in the $%^ that it should be - getting grips for a gun that's been in production for 100 years...

Last edited by M3Stuart; 05-07-2012 at 12:27 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: