View Single Post

Old 05-07-2012, 02:17 PM

Liked 101 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEH View Post
Fat B, my only concern is to keep it realistic.
It's not just black and white... no. There is also some grey in between.

Criminals belong behind bars. And all law abiding citizens rely on the laws which punishes criminal people.

How would you feel if I break into your house, threatening you and your loved ones, rob you and put you through all this. And then, 10 years later (after incarceration) you meet me at the shooting range...
I wouldn't want to see them at a gas station or at Walmart!

Criminals do belong behind bars, I agree with you there. What I dislike is the way gun rights are treated as a tool for punishment. Are gun rights taken away as a public safety measure or as a deterrent for others? Either way, taking away one of our rights for breaking a law is contrary to it being a right and not just a law. Do we disregard the 8th amendment (cruel and unusual punishment) if your crime is horrific enough? I could list an example for each right. So why is the 2nd amendment treated that way?

I do not want dangerous criminals possessing guns. But I also don't want dangerous criminals out on the streets, they should be locked up. And I don't want to see the rights recognized by 2nd amendment used as a tool to prevent crime in the name of a better society.