View Single Post

Old 05-08-2012, 09:42 AM

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Yes you are correct, my pics are of a single stack 4013. My barrel looks similar to yours with the beefier body. After talking to a Smith rep yesterday, he says my 1993 pistol is still safe to shoot, but the pictures I sent him (same seen here) tells him that it's getting to the end of it's service life. He didn't say how much life left, but to keep an eye on those cams, the slide wear as a result of cam wear, and help extend the life with that TLC the previous owners failed to provide. Oh well... it was FUN FUN FUN to shoot 150 rds through it on Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcode View Post
This is an interesting post or problem. I have three 4013's, the single stack on .45 frame, the 4013 TSW non rail, and the 4013 rail TSW(.40tactical). The the single stack shows more peening of the locking lug. The original posters pictures are of the single stack I assume. What is a big difference between them all is the barrel configuration. In the attached pictures, the barrel on the right is the single stack, it is 43% heavier than the TSW's 3.20 oz vs 2.24 oz. even with the milled slab sides. On the single stack barrel the locking lugs have a small chamfer or bevel on the edges, which reduce the contact area and shows on the alloy frame. I am not sure if this was a factory bevel or something a previous owner might have done.