View Single Post

Old 05-09-2012, 12:55 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 16,154 Times in 7,408 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudzu3 View Post
Lots of good advice here. I had a buckmark and it was a very good gun. The only problem I had with it was that the slide opens on both sides and after a few shots, I got powder burns on my thumb. I had to tape the thumb if I was to do much shooting. This is not a common problem, seemed to only happen to me. I sold it and got a Ruger MK III and am totally satisfied with it, however, I believe the S&W 63 or 34 are the best carrying, best shooting guns for your intended purpose. The 650 is also something to be considered if price is not an issue. Good luck finding what you need.
I do not endorse S&W .22 revolvers. I had a M-34 that I had to literally POUND on the extractor rod with a plastic mallet to extract fired cases.

I called a contact at S&W and he admitted that this has been pretty common for decades. All he could suggest was to polish the chambers and try different ammo brands.

I'll never buy another of those. I'm sure they can't all be that bad, but I got scalded once and I'm not risking the hot water again.

Last edited by Texas Star; 05-09-2012 at 05:01 PM. Reason: corrected spelling