Thread: S&W vs Colt
View Single Post

Old 05-09-2012, 02:58 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReleaseTapSqueeze View Post
I stopped into my local sporting goods store, looked at the Colt M4 and the 15-22 side by side and I'm having trouble making up my mind between the 2. I know the bolt release on the Colt is non-functional, but aside from that it looks and feels like a real AR. It's made of metal and could pass for an assault rifle if pointed at an unwanted intruder. I also think Colt stamp on the side might increase the resale value. The S&W on the other hand has a functioning bolt release but looks and feels a bit like an airsoft gun you would find at wal-mart. Anyone have experience with both? What are your thoughts?
The Colt stamp is something I hold in very high regard.
On pistols, on revolvers and on true Colt AR's.

But make no mistake: the stamp on the Walther Colt doesn't belong there. It is one of those colt corperate desicions that the true colt-affcionado will never understand. And hence will never ensure a better resale value.

The Smith is the better option in many ways. Just look at maintenance, the ease to fieldstrip, the use of all kinds of aftermarket parts - including triggergroups (not on the Walther!).

Save yourself a lot of problems - get the Smith.

Last edited by Dutchdiamondback; 05-09-2012 at 03:02 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: