View Single Post

Old 05-10-2012, 09:24 AM

Liked 446 Times in 251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoracer View Post
A better and more expensive BSA scope is the Tactical Mil-Mil 4-14x44 SF FFR scope made exclusively for MidwayUSA. The sale price on it is $250 and it approches the performance of scopes costing up to $1000. 30mm tube, First Focal Plane reticle, side parallax adjustment down to 15 yards and up to 250, MRAD etched reticle, 1/10 mil adjustments, resetable to zero turrets, etc.
I also have a few of the NcSTAR QR mounts and so far I like them. They seem to hold POA when taken off and back on.
$118.94 will get you into this one which is the unit on hand here. Love this scope. No batteries or IR. FFP is sweet. Worth every penny. I've seen a similar model out there that does have an IR for a bit more money. These scopes all come out of the same plants with components for production runs specified by each maker (i.e. BSA, Falcon Menace, Famous Maker, FM Optics, Nikon, Bushnell, Osprey and even some larger Euro makers). While this is WAY more scope than necessary for a 22LR, it is in the price range of many far lesser scopes.

FFP is cool - many folks haven't seen it. The mil-dots at 4x are nearly impossible to see and they are the size of baseballs at 14x. Easy to apply dope to the scope and use holdover techniques. Wow... That really rolls off the tongue...