View Single Post

Old 05-10-2012, 11:22 PM

Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned here yet or not, but if we are talking about a backup gun to a larger 9mm the choice is obvious to me. The S&W 940! Same as the 640 only in 9mm so if you are in a fight and your main gun goes down you still have plenty of ammo. I tend to carry only my 940 but if I'm on the road or going somewhere that I think could be nasty I carry it in conjunction with my HK p7. I know many of you are thinking right now that it is a price exclusive piece but I found mine about 2 years ago for $475 at a LGS.

I have never been in a shootout as a civilian but I have seen a M16 converted to bolt action courtesy of an Iraqi insurgent. I have personally had to use M16 magazines in a SAW during an extended fire fight. There are very distinct advantages to having 2 guns that use 1 round.

My biggest piece of advice however is no matter what gun or guns you decide to go with PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!! If you are going to carry a gun you should be intimately familiar with it!