View Single Post

Old 05-13-2012, 07:52 AM

Liked 33 Times in 23 Posts

I have the same Timney trigger in my AR. This drop in FCG does not 'use' the trigger or hammer pins. The FCG is self contained and the components (i.e. the hammer & trigger) don't rotate on the pins. You could use 1/8" wooden dowels for pins and the FCG would still function.

That being said, any 'small' pin (.154") set will work and the choice of pins is irrelevant. The anti-rotational feature of the KNS pins from your link will serve no purpose with the Timney, other than 'looking cool'. Whatever pins you select, they will only serve to keep the Timney from moving or falling out. The Timney has a set screw that you tighten to force the drop-in group up tight against the pins to keep it in place, and to keep the pins from falling out. The stock pins are held in place by the hammer & trigger springs on a stock FCG. The springs in the Timney do not interact with the pins.

I ordered the JP anti-walk pins when I bought my Timney because I didn't know any better when I ordered it. I still used them but didn't need to waste the money.

Last edited by CPTBeaker; 05-13-2012 at 08:00 AM.