View Single Post

Old 05-15-2012, 01:28 PM
US Veteran

Liked 155 Times in 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
Wow. I had no clue. Ok, so for those of you that live there and have to put up with this **** I have a couple more questions:

1) If you live in Mass and have a legal CCP (no restrictions) and you buy a gun in another state, like say a Shield that is not Mass compliant, can you return with it and register it? How does Mass know if it is "mass compliant"?

2) Lets say you wait and S & W finally releases a Mass compliant Shield with 6.5lb trigger pull. Is there anything from preventing you from doing a mod to the gun and putting in the non-compliant trigger after you get it home?

1)If you are a MA resident with a MA license, you can't buy an out of state hand gun unless it is shipped through a MA FFL. No MA FFL will transfer a noncompliant gun. The only way to get one in is if you move into MA from another state. Then you can bring your Shield with you. Once here, in MA, you could sell the Shield to a licensed person in a private sale but not through an FFL.

2)I contacted S&W customer service and was told that the MA Shield "WILL" have a 10 pound trigger in spite of the safety being present. You can do the trigger yourself if you want to after purchasing the 10 pounder.