Thread: Shield Accuracy
View Single Post

Old 05-16-2012, 11:08 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenbb View Post
There's a guy on ar15.com that would disagree with you. I'm not a registered member there, but my advice to him would be "adjust your sights."
That's me.

I'm two range sessions in, plus a couple hundred dry fires and I am having a hell of a time getting along with this gun.

My primers show firing pin drag marks and signs that the gun is unlocking early. The brass is coming out charred on one side in a triangular pattern - narrow towards the case mouth and covering half the case towards the rebate.

I am getting completely different results when I change ammunition. To wit, at 10 yards 115s group like cheap buckshot at 40 yards and nowhere near point of aim. 124s tighten are only slightly better and move a little closer to POA.

With 147s the gun begins to shoot real groups more like what I see others shooting and posting about. The elevation finally correlates between POA and POI. The windage is only slightly off.

I shoot other platforms reasonably well. That I am getting completely different results with different bullet weights, in conjunction with the firing pin drag marks tells me "something ain't right."

I've boxed this thing back up. I'm not ready to settle for a CCW gun that will only shoot well with one load.

I may call S&W and see what they say. I really want to like this gun, and am disappointed with my experience so far especially in light of all the glowing reviews.