View Single Post

Old 05-18-2012, 12:26 AM
Banned

Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat B View Post
I had a long response written out but decided against posting it as it will not change opinions and out of respect for forum rules.

I will say however, since it is politically neutral... For years people have been "outraged" at what the other side is doing and it's been a "win at all cost" attitude. Compromise is dead and if you do, you're weak. It comes as no surprise that people are outraged that Gander Mountain might hold an NRA meeting.

Gander Mountain is a company that wants to make money. It doesn't want a bunch of bad press and it doesn't want angry phone calls. People who want to boycott Gander Mountain because Gander Mountain didn't take a stand either didn't really shop there much or doesn't understand how the system works. Remember, the other half of the store caters to hippie conversationalists. Gander Mountain really wants to stay out of that fight.

I don't shop there because their prices are ridiculous. I wouldn't care if they were run by communists or ex-marines. I go where the prices are low. Isn't that how capitalism works?
That's "hippie conservationists". :-)

And some of us shop on both sides of the store - when convenience or need overcomes price.

Last edited by s&wchad; 05-18-2012 at 01:22 AM.