View Single Post

Old 05-18-2012, 03:07 AM

Liked 331 Times in 221 Posts

I think we are on the same sheet of music.

I have both an LCR-22 and an LCR-357.

My LCR-22 works fine with Federal 550 PAK, and comparible ammo. Easy Ejection, and no function issues.

With CCI Stingers which I carry in my LCR-22, Ejection takes more effort. You need to wrap the ejector rod briskly, as the cases are stuck in the cylinder fairly tight. Not a big problem, and they function fine.

CCI Velocitors lock the cylinder up tight on the first shot. Experimenting with them is Over.

So far I have not tryed any other loads.

NOTE: I am practicing Speed Strip reloads with the LCR-22, as well as getting in Economical Quality Trigger Time.
I am using Tuff Products Model 1022 Quick Strips in Orange. I am loading the speed strips in pairs leaving a shell out between pairs for cylinder clearance. Note: The Orange Quick Strips are easier to find on the ground after a Practice reload.
This is how the ammo looks in the Speed Strip: OOxOOxOOxO
As you can see the Model 1022 Speed Strip loaded in this manner will only hold 7 rounds. I index the cylinder with the empty chamber under the hammer when I close the cylinder.
Loading your LCR-22 or 43C with speed strips is great practice for reloading your J Frame 38/357 or LCR 38/357.

Bob