View Single Post

Old 05-18-2012, 10:34 AM

Liked 99 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotch View Post
thanks for the responses so far y'all!

Yeah, I was actually wondering about Aguila... not just the SSS but the interceptor and supermax as well.
I tried the Interceptor out of a couple short barreled 22s (a Ber 21A and a 34 2" ) and was very disappointed in it. Lots of unburned powder residue, lower blast than expected, felt more like standard velocity than hyper. It would not cycle the 21A reliably. Maybe I had a bad batch, I don't know, but it seemed like it was optimized to work better in longer barrels than short.

Velocitors are powerful (relatively speaking) and have shot well in all of my guns so far. Stingers have generally been pretty good performers also, but they can make quite a flash and boom out of a 2" gun. This can be good or bad depending on your goal. They don't sound like a .22 and draw a lot of attention, so that can be good in an emergency situation, but they also can be pretty hard on the ears for more mundane shooting.

That is the joy of rimfires though; ammo is still cheap enough to try lots of different loads and see what the guns really like.