View Single Post

Old 05-26-2012, 09:51 AM

Liked 395 Times in 207 Posts
Default Big Dot Improves Pocket Draw

Quote:
Originally Posted by setxwarrior View Post
Thanks for posting. Mine came in last week, and have not had them installed yet. I hope I like them.
I have a custom fit leather IWB (McCabes Custom Leather), and it fits pretty tight and I'm a little concerned about the little extra height of the front big dot.
setxwarrior:

I had the same concerns and that is why I went with the soft leather Galco IWB made for the Glock 26. (Fits perfect)

Good luck and make sure you keep your receipt and warranty card. XS sights cover the glow part for 10 years at 100% replacement. I have not read into the warranty enough to see if they would replace the sight if you break it.

One thing I did not mention, I pocket conceal and the rear sight on the Big Dot tapers forward unlike the stock three dot sights which for me snagged coming out in smaller pocket openings. That alone has made the change worth it.

My goal is to draw, sweep safety acquire and shoot accurately in 1.5 seconds. No question as I have been practicing with an empty firearm that front oversized sight makes for a natural pointer even if I don't line up the back blade I find I am pretty darn close to on target if I take the time after I have done a quick point of a fixed object to line up the front with the back sight.

The next time I hit the range I am going to practice front sight only shooting.

Russ