View Single Post

Old 05-26-2012, 02:18 PM

Liked 395 Times in 207 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
Russ,

I've been considering getting a DeSantis pocket holster like that for a different pistol.

I haven't seen one in person and I was wondering if the material looks like it would cause heavy wear in the finish. I had a very early pocket holster (can't recall the brand) for a revolver. It had some sort of soft rubber lining and really took the finish off the gun. Other than that it worked well.

I'd appreciate your input on the holster.

Dave
Dave

The inside of my Desanti pocket holster is a smooth nylon material. The outside is a dimple rubber material. I have not noticed any wear on my Shield and I pocket carry 4 days a week for 10 hours per day. I leave my gun holstered stored chambered in my gun vault when not in my pocket so I don't draw the weapon much.

I would be more concerned with my leather IWB Galco holster taking the finish off.

Russ

P.S. I live in a very dry climate so I don't sweat much during the day. If you live in a humid climate you may want to look into a holster that will keep sweat off your firearm if you pocket carry. I think the acid in body sweat could take the finish off over time.

I have read of a holster company in Florida that advertises a moisture barrier. The name of the company is Remora and they sell pocket and clip less IWB holsters. It may be worth looking into especially if you live in a moist climate.

The clip less IWB Remora holsters are designed to adhere to your bare skin. I have read some complain of skin irritation over time.

Last edited by RussC; 05-26-2012 at 02:33 PM.