View Single Post

Old 05-27-2012, 01:25 AM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default BTW, don't carry your own reloads

If you shoot someone with ammunition you have reloaded you open the door for plaintiff's council to paint you as a scheming, premeditating sociopath that prepared his murderous ammo with "malice aforethought." You would likely find yourself in front of a jury of non-handloaders, none of whom know anyone who handloads, and your attorney will have to convince them that this is a prudent, responsible activity. See the problem? It's a much better position to be able to testify that you just bought a box of what the dealer had on the shelf. Cor-bon, Golden Sabre, Black Talon (that name may not sit well with jurors, though), Personal Defense (much better), whatever. That's the stuff to carry.
The point I want to make is that you should consider how ALL of your actions could be construed, (i.e., "used against you in a court of law," etc... ) including what you chose to load your piece with.
(Personally, I'd like to see a .357 Magnum 125 gr semi-jacketed hollowpoint, loaded to around 1800 fps, and marketed under the name Bunny Puffs. Pack 'em in a pink box with flowers on it too.)
Chris.