View Single Post

Old 05-27-2012, 11:30 AM

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatgorilla View Post
Soleshtr: how does the plug stay put? What did you make it out of?

Once I know the I-dot sights will fit this gun, I'll switch to them or straight eights.....the standard Karh sights were my favorite, but the I-dots are the closest ive seen to them.

I'll also get around to some apex and buffing eventually...and may rig up a safety block until someone comes out with one. This is my first M&P, so I'll see how the melonite holds up before cerakoating it.
I used gripper pads that are used on the bottom of furniture on wood floors. Just cut it to size. It is adhesive on one side so I stuck it to the safety lever. They are 3/16" thick which is just the right thickness. The slide just barely touches it and rides over the top. If you do this, don't cut it any wider so that it sticks out from the slide. The first one I made did and I was worried about the serrations catching on it when the slide would come forward. The second one I cut I made it thinner. You can't tell from the pics but the plug is actually recessed in from the slide a bit. It works great. Try engaging the safety, it just gets pushed right back down again. Doesn't look half bad either.