View Single Post

Old 05-28-2012, 07:22 PM

Liked 6,615 Times in 2,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsrfun1 View Post
... I have a question about the dual-spring photo you posted. Since the inner spring is shorter than the outer spring, I assume it will butt up against the collar of the guide rod rather than butting up against the front of the slide, correct? Or put another way, the position of the springs in the left photo show top=rear and bottom=front, correct? Just want to be sure in case they send me the springs that I install them properly. BTW, I have a metal guide rod with a plastic plunger. Thanks to all for their input on this.
Yes, the "top" of the pictured nested springs would be at the "rear" of the rod body, against the raised collar of the rod, when I reassemble the gun.

Self-resolving issue, though. Compressing the "front" end of the springs into the slide's spring box (or dustcover, as it's sometimes called), and aligning the front of the rod into the slide's corresponding hole, shortens the outer spring quite a bit, too.

BTW, the last time I received some spare springs of this type they were shipped in separate plastic bags, long springs in one bag & short springs in another bag, each bag marked with the appropriate part number ... which makes sense when you consider they're listed as separate parts in the first place. Just put the inner spring inside the outer spring, and then slip them onto the guide rod together.

Last edited by Fastbolt; 05-29-2012 at 03:12 AM.