Thread: Kahr vs Smith
View Single Post

Old 05-29-2012, 10:47 AM
Banned

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default Kahr vs Smith

I just sold my Kahr CW9, what a *** this gun is, first off I had a mag drop out every third or so round. Kahr had to send a replacement, this seemed to take care of it. Then the recoil spring broke and I called Kahr and was told that they would not replace it, this is a two month old gun with just over the break in rounds though it. They said that Kahr springs do not break and that I had to send it in my dime about 25 bucks or so.
Then they asked what ammo I used and I said walmart federal and Ram ammo. The customer service rep than said he voided my warranty because I went and shot reloaded ammo in their gun. Glock and Smith and Ruger never have even close acted like this on the worst experience I have had with them. Smith sent me a new mag when I had trouble and did not even want a serial no. Glock sent me a new guide rod with spring because my 19 cracked. Smith and Wesson has some of the best CS I have ever experienced with any product. Ruger is a bit spotty but nothing like this.

I recommend anyone looking for a CCW to check out the Shield or Glock 26 and stay away from Kahr, they went from life time to 5 year warranty and now they use any excuse in the book to just tell you to go pound sand.