View Single Post

Old 06-01-2012, 10:00 AM
US Veteran

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&Patrick View Post
Hello S&W forums. i just purchased my first handgun, an M&P 9mm, and am in the 10 day waiting period....and i know its silly, but i am already looking forward to what my next gun purchase is going to be a year for now.

anyway, i am looking at revolvers and have a question.

is the only benefit of a snubbie over a standard revolver the ease of carry as a concealed weapon? i dont plan on getting a carry license, and i have a shotgun for home defense, so my pistols will just be for recreation/target shooting...considering that, is there any reason that i should consider snub nose revolvers over standard?
For your situation snub nose really wouldnt matter unless you wanted to hide it in a tight/small discrete location somewhere in your home. Other then that for recreation/target/range work the snub nose in any caliber, altho in some calibers its minimal, will be harder to shoot. Via recoil/sight radius/weight/grip size/etc etc. I recommend looking at the Model 60's, 640(snub but with more weight then the 642/442), 686/P's, 617's (.22). As those could if need be be used in your home again if need be. Obviously with the 617 the shot placement is alot more detremental. That is not saying that with the others or any other caliber that shot placement isnt key.

Revolvers are like 1911's its a wonderful sickness.