View Single Post

Old 06-03-2012, 10:29 PM

Liked 132 Times in 59 Posts
Default Need help with .44 Mag. load Data

What powder's do you use for .44 Magnum and what min/max do you have for them. The data for .44 Mag. is all over the place. Hodgden's site lists a start load for Titegroup that one of the load manuals I have says is way over Max. I have H110, Red Dot, Titegroup and Unique! I loaded some test rounds tonight with a 240 gr. jacketed Soft Point. I used 23.5 grs. of H110 (smack in the midpoint of the min/max (23/24 grs.) and 7.3 grs. of Red Dot (middle of the 6.9 to 7.7 grs. data that I found for this bullet), which the data is all over the place on this powder. I have Red Dot, Bullseye, Unique and H110 that I want to use up......I also have Titegroup but I think the others are better suited to .44 Mag!

I know that H110 is for high power loads and must be used within the 23/24 min/max that the data states. I am more interested in mild "target" loads, as I do not hunt, and want to enjoy shooting my .44 I really am looking for some confirmation on the Red Dot load , as this load data seems to be very inconsistent around the web.

I will be shooting these primarily in my 629 V-Comp and, to a lesser extent in a Winchester Saddle Ring Lever Action Carbine!

Last edited by mosquito; 06-03-2012 at 10:32 PM.