Thread: Kahr vs Smith
View Single Post

Old 06-03-2012, 10:52 PM

Liked 230 Times in 149 Posts

I bought an M&P 9C for a CWP course, and love the gun. It shot/shoots well, trigger pull is good considering the kind of gun it is (I'd always shot target guns like my Browning Medalist, Hi-Standard Trophy, Colt Gold Cup). Real happy with it. But while it conceals well under a jacket, was no good, for me, for concealment under a shirt.

So I bought a Ruger LCR. It wants to hurt me with +P rounds, and obviously doesn't shoot as well, but concealed a bit better.

So I tried a Kahr PM9. Conceals very nicely. The hammer pull seemed heavy, and seemed to go on forever, but I liked everything else, so got it anyhow. I LOVE it! VERY surprisingly, I shoot it more accurately than I do the 9C (and much more accurately than the LCR). None of these guns has ever had a mis-feed, mis-fire, mis-anything, so I feel great with them for concealed carry. And while I love my 9C, I WILL NOT be giving up the Kahr any time soon.

I recommend both whenever I see someone shopping for them, but my favorite is still the Kahr.