View Single Post

Old 06-04-2012, 11:20 PM

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussC View Post
Texas:

I thought the same thing. What good is a night sight if the front sight is the only one that illuminates?

What makes the XS sight a lightning fast sight is the design of the rear sight. The shallow v shape sight will block from your vision the front illumination of the sight if it is not aligned.

Sounds crazy but the darn thing works and that front big sight and the rear sight design is more open than a notch and post design which makes for point shooting or front sight only shooting easier than a notch and post. (The notch blocks your view because it is a narrow right angle. The XS rear sight is a shallow v shape like a saddle of a mountain.)

I had a three dot night sight and I practiced in a dark bathroom and three illuminated dots was hard for me to align quickly because I could not see the gun as a reference point, whereas one dot there was no thinking required. If I could see it I was aligned if not I needed to raise the front until the front sight peeked over the rear sight. (Kind of like the sun rising over the Rocky Mountains)

Russ

P.S. Sorry for the Mountain example if you are from Texas.
No problem. Good information and can understand the concept. I have had XS sights on my Glocks not my 1st choice.
I purchased a set of Trijicon Sa37 s . From what I have seen and read they will fit the shield. Gunsmiths around here want 50 to install so I bought a sight pusher for 59.00 and will install myself.

Last edited by texas48; 06-04-2012 at 11:22 PM.