View Single Post

Old 06-05-2012, 06:23 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 16,154 Times in 7,408 Posts

I've read books on dangerous animals that narrated some very grim tales about wolves, usually in Europe. And Elmer Keith mentioned an instance or two of wolves attacking in North America. Two coyotes killed a Canadian singer in a national park about a year ago, too, and I think coyotes will eventually make news by taking unattended children in the suburbs. It's just an event waiting to happen.

We also have the issue of "coydogs", a dangerous crossbreedng. One did attack my son at night, which problem he solved with a Benchmade lockblade knife.

All wild canines and dangerous large dogs are more hardy than some might think. After my brother shot one with a S&W M-60 .38 and the lead Plus P FBI load in the shoulder, I lean toward the .357 Magnum or .357 SIG as a minimum.
The 10mm autos might make a lot of sense.

If a rifle can be carried, about any solid deer caliber will do, but if I was selecting for this use, I'd probably take a FN-FAL.

If you're caught in the open by a large pack, as in Finland or Russia, you're probably just up the creek, especially if the animals are starving. When they invade villages and the army has to be called, that's just extreme, but it has happened, more than once.

The wolf huggers try to tell you they won't attack, but they sometimes do.

Last edited by Texas Star; 06-05-2012 at 07:24 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: