View Single Post

Old 06-06-2012, 07:31 AM

Liked 26,311 Times in 9,122 Posts

I believe the Marlin Guide Gun in 45-70-300 would be good wolf medicen, there is a smaller verson in 44mag out there too.
Growing up I had a German Shepard that was half Red Wolf that I got from an uncle in California, his reflexes were like greased lightning. He was chaseing our car one day as we were leaving the farm, he kept up with us at 55mph, then we had to slow for a turn, so we took him back and chained him to a tree next to a creek for three days while out of town, upon return there were the remains of multipul dead animals- he got them with a 20 foot chain on.
There has been a sighting of what is believed to be a wolf, attacking a pack of 5 or 6 cyotes that were killing an ice bound deer a few winters ago ON VIDIO TAPE, the wolf got to eat the deer. This was in CENTRAL OHIO, the tape was given to ODNR, but they have no comment.
I had a friend, who lived in Minn. on the Canadian Boarder in the
60's and 70's. In the deep of winter starving wolves (is there any other kind?) wood migrate south onto their place to dine on livestock: 30-30 works well if you can get a shot.