View Single Post

Old 06-06-2012, 10:31 AM

Liked 3,889 Times in 1,361 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter123 View Post
I would REALLY like to see your source for this statement. Come on, a 400 strong pack of wolves? Only if they are the size of rabbits, wolves require a very large land area to support them and a 400 member wolf pack is impossible. I'll also point out that attacks on humans by truly wild wolves in North America are not just rare, they are nearly unheard of. Wolves are "shy" for good reasons, one of them being that they've learned that Humans are quite deadly, the second is that it can take as much as 15-20 square miles to support just ONE wolf.
There have been attacks on humans in India as well in recent years. http://www.nytimes.com/1996/09/01/wo...ted=all&src=pm

Here www.wolvesinrussia.com sells what they claim is a thorough English language account of Wolves in Russia

Handejector correctly points out that the Russians might tell some tall tales. But I posred links to the story as it ran in most papers and on Russian tv. The video footage does show piles of dead wolves and some quite large. The story seems have originated with the state government in that area of Siberia. I do not speak Russian so I can not translate the audio from their news story. It would seem to be a situation not unlike that domestically. Folks on the scene claim wolves are a threat. Folks in Moscow and Saint Petersburg that are far removed meanwhile seek to protect them.

The large sum paid for dead wolves would suggest someone sees them as a threat.

Last edited by GatorFarmer; 06-06-2012 at 11:01 AM. Reason: deleted video link that may have spurious