View Single Post

Old 06-07-2012, 03:47 AM

Liked 110 Times in 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosquito View Post
The thread didn't ask for opinions on what anyone thinks about shooting a light load in .44 Magnum! It asked about powder charge recommendations, for a variety of powders! Just because one may have a .44 wheel gun does not mean that you have to shoot high power cannon loads all the time. I load different "loads" for different applications, all the time, in (and for) different guns!
I know what you mean here. I love my 44 mag. I can put some full loads in it when I'm in bear country, but that doesn't mean I want to shoot those bear loads all the time! It is hard on the joints and the gun itself. I'd rather shoot a million target loads and have a solid gun still than several thousand full loads and have a gun thats getting "loose." and, if I want a 44 spl.... Well, I do have one! Its the same gun as my 44 Mag. To make things easy on cleaning the cylinders, I just load mag cases to special pressures. That way I get the fun without the ouch and without the crudded up ring of lead build up in the cylinder thats common when shooting special cases in a magnum.