View Single Post

Old 06-07-2012, 06:22 AM
Banned

Liked 576 Times in 307 Posts
Thumbs up Not the first time either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosquito View Post
There is always one in the bunch! My responses in RED! I'm sorry that I asked a question that you do not agree with. I guess I, and all the other guys who responded about light loads are not up to your professional shooting standards!
Not only that....if you shoot anything other than full power loads in the lightest 44mag revolver that Smith makes you are a wimp, well, at least according to some folks!

I have an old manual, the Speer #8 and it lists a load at much higher data than other manuals for Unique than what is being suggested. One thing nice about Unique, it can be loaded down to the levels you state without danger. It will be dirtier than other powders but the reason you are doing it for, it won't matter!

I have a surplus version of Unique that I got really cheap. It is even fluffier than the Alliant stuff. Meters terrible, +/- .2gr but, it just seems to work well for plinking 44mag loads. It also works super in the 45 Colt but that is a subject you didn't ask about!

I have to agree 100% with Fred on one thing for sure, no Titegroup in these larger cases, NEVER, NO, NOT IN THIS LIFE, too dense, too little fill.

Of course, I will not use it in small cases either, just me though!