View Single Post

Old 06-07-2012, 12:26 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,356 Times in 451 Posts

I always opt for what is called the "Norton Special" where they plate just about all the metal parts even within the frame. This normally costs $199, but when I called Robar they were running a montly (June) special with the "Norton Special" costing $149.It's always a good idea to call ahead and ask about montly specials, usually these occur in the late fall.
The 1'st M&P I had Robar do was my M&P9c. To date it has around 2K rounds through it and is carried in a IWB holster almost daily, it still looks like new. The factory Melonite finish while durable will quickly show holster wear. The NP3 does not plus it really makes cleaning much easier. Any carbon or fouling is very visible and can be wiped away with a cloth or patch. Because of the teflon in the electroless nickle very little lubrication is required, in fact you can shoot your pistol without lube and it will function reliably. This finish is expensive but you get what you're paying for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Honea View Post
mag318 would have to answer that,but Robars prices can be found on heir website.They are not cheap but as mag318 said,well worth the cost,at least for me.
The price includes coverage of all internal parts in the frame and slide also.NP3 has a lifetime guarantee,and there is now an NP3 plus finish also.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC07192.jpg (68.7 KB, 618 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06744.jpg (149.7 KB, 696 views)
The Following User Likes This Post: