View Single Post

Old 06-11-2012, 04:03 PM

Liked 611 Times in 277 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhump1961 View Post
You stated that you bought the gun several years ago so I can only assume you have shot it...yet you make no mention of any dissatisfaction. If for some reason you haven't shot it then take it out and heat it up! Does it feed, fire and eject reliably? Does it shoot POA? Does it fill the role for which it was intended? Is it comfortable in your hand? Don't let the internet chatter tell you what to think about your own gun.

I can't speak for all Smith PPK/S's but the only one's I have see came from the Houlton plant...not sure if they all do but would seem likely. Mine also says "PPK/S-1". I would not trust any LGS to have addressed anything on a gun new or used! Most of them, not all, need to be thought of in the same vein as used car dealers.

I continue to read gun owner reviews on this gun and the story is the same...initial failures fade to zero after a few hundred rounds to break it in leaving them with a good looking, reliable, fun to shoot iconic gun.
I have shot it, less than 200 rounds. I did have several FTE and I figured it might be the brand of ammo. It's not a carry piece for me, it is simply the "BOND" gun I always wanted. Since I don't carry and I never use the decocker it's not an issue for me and I most likely won't be sending it anywhere.

I plan to take it the range and shot it some more and see if it loosens up for me. I like it foir what it is to me and I was just curious when I saw the thread.

Happy shooting!