View Single Post

Old 06-11-2012, 06:13 PM

Liked 656 Times in 307 Posts

Some of we young'uns (I'll be 64 next month...) appreciate the real improvements made by the 629-3 (The so-called 'Endurance Enhancements', for example.) and later models. And... I don't even mind the uniformity of MIM parts - or the inclusion of the admittedly hideous Infernal Lock wort (I am a realist about it's dependability - S&W, after ten years of making and selling revolvers with the infernal lock, has yet to spend a dime defending it in court - no lawsuits!). While some traditionalists love p&r S&W's - even blued 29's - I decided on current fare - 629-6's - when I bought my 6" and 4" versions. Value is in the eye (... and wallet!) of the beholder - I'll take new with a lifetime warranty rather than possibly someone else's problem child.

My 629s dressed for .44 Russians, Specials, and my wimpy Magnums:

The 6" above dressed for serious use - .500 Magnum grips pad the backstrap for recoil control. One screw removes the rear sight - a Weigand Weaver rail and Weaver H2 2x28 scope help 'mature' eyes at 50-75 yd. I still haven't gone hunting with it! I usually put the Ahrends wood grips and rear sight on it after a few daysscoped in the fall.

Stainz

Last edited by Stainz; 06-11-2012 at 06:23 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: