View Single Post

Old 06-12-2012, 10:27 AM

Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by baccusboy View Post

The main negative I am consistently seeing is about excessive trigger over-travel. There are also several people already talking about getting Apex trigger kits to correct it. To me, that doesn't bode well for the initial comments about it having such an awesome trigger.

Also, there are some that question the need to change from an M&P 9c to a Shield, as the Shield is not considered "pocketable" for most people, contrary to what many people might think. It's small, but a larger small. In other words, most people need to have it on a belt to be comfortable, so some reason that you may as well go with a 9c because there seems to be little difference in feel when carrying one or the other. My own personal comment -- I think that would have to depend a lot on your size. I would have to think a Shield would be a noticeable difference for a thinner female to carry.
It is an awesome trigger. The trigger isn't bad at all. I'm leaving mine stock. Plus, it adds safety in my opinion. But for people that are used to a lighter pull are the ones that complain. After you get used to it... it's easy to land tight groups. I wouldn't want a lighter pull on a conceal because of accidental discharges.

I was looking at the 9c before this one and also a Ruger LCP but for a small 9mm this one was the winner. It has such a slimmer frame than the 9c, not just handle but also in slide. Plus, it's only single stack making it not stick out as much as the thick 9c grip. Sure it's not as small as a little pocket .380 but it's a 9mm. If you want a pocket gun I'd say go with a .380. If you want extra power... go with this 9mm. Wait until you get to hold one... you'll love it.
The Following User Likes This Post: