View Single Post

Old 06-14-2012, 09:53 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 1,926 Times in 331 Posts

Hey 18DAI, you might remember me as I asked about buying a 4506 in March and you quickly responded with a YES!!! I bought a misadvertised 45-06 on GB with a buy now, mint with box, paper, and three mags.
It is as you described "Then there is the 4506-1 (R4) dash 3 with laser etched markings. These markings consist of "Smith & Wesson" and "Springfield MA" with the S&W logo laser etched on the slide. On the frame is a two line laser etching of the serial number and model number. The model number however is not "4506-1", it is simply "MOD 4506". The very final 4506-1's produced were all of this variant. The final examples having three lines laser etched on the frame"
I have only two lines etched on the frame not the ugly 3rd, and I have to agree this thing is quite impressive. Mine features the adjustable sights and a serial number prefix of EKZ77__ and special order 9134.
I like it so much I picked up a very good condition used 4566 with VUV prefix, and automatic deckocker, it also has trijicon night sights which need replaced but I dont know if that was factory. I know the automatic decocker is somewhat rare. Do you know if this is also a rare bird?
Thank you for your knowledge sir, I will try to get pics up soon.

Last edited by Hoosier45; 04-26-2015 at 10:15 AM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: