View Single Post

Old 06-21-2012, 11:35 AM

Liked 150 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlk18 View Post
I am not a Physicist or a professional firearm designer, but something tells me Smith & Wesson has at least one of them on staff. I am also betting that when they designed the SD9 they did so with intention of it working and being at least minimally durable. I will further bet that they tested the design and were pleased with it. And gosh golly they were successful because my SD9's are accurate, reliable and so far very durable. So my score card reads: Reality 1 - Physics 0.

Ok we get you like the fact that the rear rails are not attached to the frame what is your point? Have you ever even taken a look at the sear block in the SD? There is almost no plastic actually holding the rear rails in place.

The problem with the internet is there are just too many kids online with zero knowledge. Having the rear rails attached to the frame is by far stronger and provides less movement than having them directly mounted to the frame.

Who knows why S&W put the rear rails in the sear block, the only thing I can come up with is reduced production cost as well as repair cost. There is a reason no one else is doing this.
The Following User Likes This Post: