View Single Post

Old 06-22-2012, 11:01 AM

Liked 2,358 Times in 1,117 Posts

I just got back from shooting my M&P22. It is a hoot for sure. My son (10 year old) loves the M&P22. I asked for his favorite gun run-down and he said they are
#1. M&P15/22
#2. M&P22
#3. M&P9c

When you buy the 9, you are stuck with a 9, unlike buying the .40 and converting to .357 or 9mm with a $60 barrel swap. But hey, nothing wrong with the 9!

For .22 pistols, I just don't find the M&P22 real accurate. I need to get on a rest and see if I can get the sights adjusted to POA and then see how it patterns. I swapped on a standard M&P rear sight and it shoots too low, which we compensate for now by holding the front dot on the target instead of below it. But if I carefully pattern the gun I will be able to see if a new set of sights is worth it. My first couple hundred rounds is telling me the gun just isn't as accurate as my other .22 pistols.

But that doesn't take away from the fun factor. The magazines are easy to load and hold 12 rounds. The gun is easy to handle and eats through shells quickly. It's easy to clean. It's a good gun all around.
The Following User Likes This Post: