Thread: S&W vs Colt
View Single Post

Old 06-23-2012, 06:11 PM

Liked 3,961 Times in 1,871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rraisley View Post
I wish you well with the S&W. Unfortunately, thus far I have had the opposite experience. In approximately 1500 rounds, I have had approximately 70-80 failures to eject, a number of failures to feed (probably my fault) and almost one firing out of battery which would no doubt have hurt my buddy, who during the same time has put about 3,000 rounds through his Umarex/Colt, has had maybe a dozen light strikes during the first few mags worth, with the rest running fine. And his new Umarex/H&K MP5 has run its first 1,500 rounds with nary a single problem of any kind. Right now I wish /I/ were the one shooting the Umarex rather than the S&W.

I hope this (my S&W 15-22 operation) will get better (I've made one more change/adjustment to my ejector, and if that fails will be sending the gun back to S&W).
Dude. The S&W 15-22 comes with a 1 year warranty & limited lifetime service warranty. IMO, you've done everything prudent to address the issue yourself. It's time to send it back to the S&W mothership, and get them to make it right. Let S&W address the issue.

If there is some overall manufacturing defect in your 15-22's upper, I'm sure S&W will replace it.

Regarding your friend's Umarex Colt M4. I am sincerely glad he lucked into a good one (so far knock on wood).