Thread: S&W vs Colt
View Single Post

Old 06-23-2012, 07:52 PM

Liked 3,961 Times in 1,871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rraisley View Post
That will probably be next. But when the fellow at S&W service told me on the phone that I shouldn't expect better performance than the 17 FTE's I just got with 450 rounds of firing ("It's only a .22, after all!"), I got a little (okay, a lot) turned off.
That does tick me off. Don't judge S&W customer service by just one representative. If I feel that I'm not being taken seriously, I politely ask for the current service representative's full name and extension. I then politely ask for the level 2 representative, their name and contact info.

Again, every step of the way I try to be polite but firm.

If I get nowhere with a call, I'll send a polite e-mail with the names of the customer service individuals I talked to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rraisley View Post
I thought perhaps I'd snagged the ejector on my bore snake the first time I cleaned it, before shooting, and bent it, so today bent it down until it just grazed the bolt during operation, then brought it back up until it just clears. I'm hoping this is a better (and more correct) location (it was moved about 0.035"). But after doing this, I'm actually quite certain there was no way I did this by accident when cleaning; it's a tough little bugger to bend!
I hear ya. Because I wasn't paying attention, I almost snagged my ejector with the little loop at the end of the Boresnake.

When you do talk to S&W again let us know how it went. If you encounter a particularly unhelpful representative, let us know their name. I know it won't help you in the moment, but help the rest of us who might call.