View Single Post

Old 06-25-2012, 02:39 PM

Liked 60 Times in 25 Posts
Default HELP! New guy with major FTF problems!

Hi all, new to the forums but have been lurking for a bit since I picked up my 15-22 MOE a couple weeks ago. Went to the range today and ran about 400 CCI AR Tactical rounds through it, and had major FTF issues. At least 1 round every magazine would lodge on the ramp and the firing pin would strike the side of the case. The interesting thing is that it was more often than not around the 20th round in the mag, close to the end.

I LOVE the gun, and other than the FTF issues it was a blast to shoot, but I'm sure I'm like the rest of you in that something like this can tarnish your view of a firearm. I don't want to jump to conclusions, and I know it needs it's break in period still, but I was wondering if any of you had similar issues or any insight into what I can do before I ship it off to S&W (my last resort, I do not want to do this). I'll attach a few pics of my gun and the rounds that were struck when they were lodged on the ramp. Each of them bent and had a slice in the middle of their nose where I'm assuming they were caught on the ramp. The bolt would close about 3/4 of the way and I could see the round caught in there before I popped it out.

Oh, and yes, I cleaned the gun before I ever fired it. No extractor issues or anything, just this feeding nonsense toward the end of my mags (in all 3 it was the same thing so I don't really think it's a magazine issue).

Thanks in advance for all the help and looking forward to being a part of your community!

Last edited by pmbspyder; 06-25-2012 at 02:42 PM.