View Single Post

Old 06-26-2012, 07:08 AM

Liked 656 Times in 307 Posts

The price seems a bit steep. Of course, the price paid for a good gun is quickly forgotten. The converse of that is also true.

I do want to play devil's advocate for a moment. You don't know the history of the used revolver. A new one would carry the lifetime warranty, with free pickup/delivery to your door, should there be any problem. The most expensive model 60 nowadays is the 3" 60 Pro, SKU #178013, and it will run you $670 brand new - or less - locally. It comes with a great wood grip, tritium Night Sight on front, slab sided barrel, eased entry chambers for faster reloads, and a bit improved trigger. It is an inch longer - and may weigh .6 oz more than your local example. Neither is considered a pocket gun - but, from a purse, there would be little difference. The modern 60 Pro is rated for any standard .357 Magnum load, so +P .38's are fine from it. My wife enjoys shooting mine - and I like it as well.

I keep speedloaders with Remington R38S12 158gr LHPSWCs in .38 Special +P ready for my 60 Pro. Good luck with your decision and welcome aboard!

Stainz
The Following User Likes This Post: