View Single Post

Old 06-26-2012, 10:24 PM
US Veteran

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflyshark View Post
This was my first trip to range with my new 15-22. I had the same issue today with FTF and the firing pin hitting the side of the round. I done a lot of research on this gun before I bought it and already knew to make sure to stager each round. I started with CCI mini-mag and had 2 FTF within the first 100 rounds. Switched to Federal champion 525 bulk pack and ran perfect, shot around 100 rds. Went back to CCI and had 3 more FTF shooting a total of 175 round of CCI with 5 FTF. Continued with Federal and only issue I had was one time bolt did not hold open on last round. I shot around 400 rounds of the Federal. Now I only have 1 magazine so its not that. I do remember during my research that the round needs to be angled up for better feeding so I was looking for that as well. Let me know what you find out.
It may not apply, but with my daughter's Sig Mosquito, I tried running CCI Mini Mag 36 grain through it and had FTF at least 3 times in each magazine. Load up Winchester M-22 40 grain and it functions flawlessly.

I have been running the Win M-22 40 grain exclusively in my 15-22 and after 1,500 rounds have had only 4 FTF/FTE.

I'm heading to the range tomorrow and still have a box of CCI mini-mags 36 grain so I'll load them up, see what happens and report back.