View Single Post

Old 06-27-2012, 12:08 AM

Liked 3,499 Times in 1,287 Posts

First off, welcome to the Forum.
If you are looking for a revolver for concealed carry, a J-Frame is a good choice. I'd be willing to bet most folks who have been carrying very long have at least one. The M60 is a good revolver. I started out carrying my late Grandfathers. Still do occasionally. It is of course a .38 Special, as it was made in the mid '70s.
My favorite J-Frames to carry today are called the Centennial models. I.E the M442 and M642 in .38 Special and M340 and M640 in .357 Magnum. These do not have an exposed hammer, so there is nothing to snag on the draw. I carry a M340PD in my pocket every day. It weighs about 12 oz. and hurts to shoot with .357 Magnums, but that's what I carry in it. The M640 is all steel, and weighs about twice that much. It's not exactly pleasant to shoot with Magnums, but it's much easier.
If you are going to get a revolver for concealed carry I would recommend the M442 or M642.They weigh about 15oz. and can shoot .38 Special +Ps. You mention the M66 in your OP. That is a larger K-Frame. I have a 2 1/2" M66-1 and it is my favorite carry revolver. It takes a bit more to hide it, but it's not too hard.
Whatever you buy, please don't skimp on the holsters. Get ones of high quality, and you definitely won't regret it.
Jim