View Single Post

Old 06-28-2012, 08:27 PM

Liked 178 Times in 116 Posts

Two points. Frog Lube needs to have copper solvent used occasionally. The other is that rust has been reported (rarely) on the XD forums. XD s are also melonite treated. It is not a rustproof coating but rust resistant. I use Frog Lube and have had no rust or copper obvious in my bbl. but it is chromed, not melonite. Try a copper solvent as advised in this Amazon review......................................

"Just like to do a follow up review since my first one. I had plenty of opportunities to test frog lube's ability to remove copper fouling. Let me just say this first, all in all this is by far the best lube I have used. It removes lead fouling like nothing else. On top of that, it's environmentally friendly. It however does not have the ability to remove copper fouling. Being that this product repels petroleum products, there are still plenty of potent copper removers out there that are petroleum free. Either Barnes CR10 or KG-12, etc will get the job done for those seeking to remove copper fouling. If you do not shoot copper jacketed bullets, then frog lube is a complete gun care package for your firearms. I still keep my petroleum free copper solvents around in addition to the frog lube just in case I need to get rid the copper fouling."
The Following User Likes This Post: