View Single Post

Old 06-30-2012, 11:30 AM

Liked 1,602 Times in 538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainz View Post
It never ceases to amaze me about the IL paranoia. Sure it is unsightly - but it is 'safe' - how else would you explain the fact that, after ten years of producing IL-equipped revolvers, S&W has yet to spend the first dime defending it's inclusion in court? Where are the lawsuits?? I like modern S&Ws - especially, my 3" 63. It is a keeper - as is the 642-2 I pocket carry 24/7. I own fifteen IL-equipped S&Ws - from 63/617 in .22LR to 629s in .44 Magnum. My first was bought 9/02 - I am an IL 'veteran' - not by choice - I wouldn't specify one on a revolver, if I had a choice. But wholesale refusal to buy new because of the IL is not in my nature - S&W has produced some neat stuff over the last ten years - like the 3" 63. Seriously, the 3" 63 is a great revolver... hold your nose... overlook the IL!

I can't even attest to the IL being functional, save for my first IL-equipped - a 4" 625-8 bought new 9/02. It has the only IL I ever 'tested'... I assume the fifteen IL-equipped I now own have their keys still in their boxes...

Stainz
I agree with you 100 percent.

On all my competition guns the locks are in and haven't had a problem.

On my carry guns I've simply removed the "flag" part of the lock to be certain.
The Following User Likes This Post: